Upcycle a Kraft Paper Store Bag
Using magazine clippings, or other decorative, colorful paper pieces you can upcycle a plain kraft paper shopping bag into a pretty gift bag. Let us show you how.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Need a last minute gift bag? Or a way to repurpose all those kraft paper store bags you may have collected/laying around? You can do so by using any magazines you have (or even newspaper, a great way to recycle!).
The theme of my gift bag is "food", because the gifts inside were snacks and treats for my friend. I thought it was cute to customize her gift bag. You can apply the same concept for weddings, birthdays, kids, etc.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 bag
- store kraft paper bag
- glue stick
- On the bottom of your kraft bag, carefully and slowly peel the base apart from the glue adhesive.
- Your kraft bag should look like this, flatten out.
- You are ready to flip the pages of your magazine (or newspaper) and tear out pages or clip photos that you'd want on the bag.
- Once you have all the pages/clippings, organize them to fit on the kraft bag and glue down. Repeat on all sides (or however you would like to decorate, up to you!)
- When you reach the sides of the bag, once glued down - make sure to crease the lines.
- You are now ready to assemble the kraft bag back its original state. Glue and secure down with packaging tape to reinforce.
- The bag is decorated and ready to be filled with gift.
CommentsRead More Comments