Making a Happy Birthday Gift Bag
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 28, 2018
Need a last minute gift bag? You can make your own with a plain kraft paper grocery bag! I had an irregular shaped gift (helmet) that really couldn't be wrapped so this worked perfectly and only cost me 10 cents (for the kraft bag) and supplies I already had at home.
*You can apply this same concept with other grocery bags too, but may require different methods of decoration if there are big logos.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 gift bag
- alphabet stickers
- scrapbook paper
- paper cutter
- glue stick
- cupcake liners
- kraft paper bag
- Cut paper triangles for the Happy Birthday banner. (I had a scrapbook paper with triangles that I was able to cut from.)
- You can also make your own triangles. Cut out a triangle, trace, repeat, and cut out until you have enough for each sticker to go on each triangle.
- Lay out the triangles and figure out the paper pattern you want to go with.
- Apply stickers on each triangle to spell out Happy Birthday (or your personalized greeting you want on the bag for the occasion.)
- Since the bag had wording ("pull handles up not out"), I wanted to cover it with simple scrunched flowers made from cupcake liners.
- To make the scrunched flowers, flatten cupcake liner.
- Pinch the center and scrunch all around to form a flower.
- Once flower is achieved, you can you can tape down on the bag.
- Ready to glue down the banner pieces individually to your liking. Then place your gift inside and add tissue paper. Ready to gift!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.