Making a Happy Birthday Gift Bag
Start with a kraft paper grocery bag and some colorful cupcake papers and you too can fashion this gift bag. This page contains photos and instructions to assist you in making a happy birthday gift bag.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Need a last minute gift bag? You can make your own with a plain kraft paper grocery bag! I had an irregular shaped gift (helmet) that really couldn't be wrapped so this worked perfectly and only cost me 10 cents (for the kraft bag) and supplies I already had at home.
*You can apply this same concept with other grocery bags too, but may require different methods of decoration if there are big logos.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 gift bag
- alphabet stickers
- scrapbook paper
- paper cutter
- glue stick
- cupcake liners
- kraft paper bag
- Cut paper triangles for the Happy Birthday banner. (I had a scrapbook paper with triangles that I was able to cut from.)
- You can also make your own triangles. Cut out a triangle, trace, repeat, and cut out until you have enough for each sticker to go on each triangle.
- Lay out the triangles and figure out the paper pattern you want to go with.
- Apply stickers on each triangle to spell out Happy Birthday (or your personalized greeting you want on the bag for the occasion.)
- Since the bag had wording ("pull handles up not out"), I wanted to cover it with simple scrunched flowers made from cupcake liners.
- To make the scrunched flowers, flatten cupcake liner.
- Pinch the center and scrunch all around to form a flower.
- Once flower is achieved, you can you can tape down on the bag.
- Ready to glue down the banner pieces individually to your liking. Then place your gift inside and add tissue paper. Ready to gift!
September 3, 20180 found this helpful
Nice way to to add some glam to a brown paper bag!
September 6, 20180 found this helpful
Thank you! I loved how it turned out :)