Wrapping PaperGifts

Happy Birthday Gift Bag

Vote for this contest contender!

Need a last minute gift bag? You can make your own with a plain kraft paper grocery bag! I had an irregular shaped gift (helmet) that really couldn't be wrapped so this worked perfectly and only cost me .10 cents (for the kraft bag) and supplies I already had at home.

*You can apply this same concept with other grocery bags too, but may require different methods of decoration if there are big logos.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 gift bag

1. Cut paper triangles for the Happy Birthday banner. (I had a scrapbook paper with triangles that I was able to cut from.)
  2. You can also make your own triangles. Cut out a triangle, trace, repeat, and cut out until you have enough for each sticker to go on each triangle.
  3. Lay out the triangles and figure out the paper pattern you want to go with.
  4. Apply stickers on each triangle to spell out Happy Birthday (or your personalized greeting you want on the bag for the occasion.)
  5. Since the bag had wording ("pull handles up not out"), I wanted to cover it with simple scrunched flowers made from cupcake liners.
  6. To make the scrunched flowers, flatten cupcake liner.
  7. Pinch the center and scrunch all around to form a flower.
  8. Once flower is achieved, you can you can tape down on the bag.
  9. Ad

10. Ready to glue down the banner pieces individually to your liking. Then place your gift inside and add tissue paper. Ready to gift!

Nice way to to add some glam to a brown paper bag!

Thank you! I loved how it turned out :)