GiftsCrafts

Upcycle a Kraft Paper Store Bag

Vote for this contest contender!

Need a last minute gift bag? Or a way to repurpose all those kraft paper store bags you may have collected/laying around? You can do so by using any magazines you have (or even newspaper, a great way to recycle!).

The theme of my gift bag is "food", because the gifts inside were snacks and treats for my friend. I thought it was cute to customize her gift bag. You can apply the same concept for weddings, birthdays, kids, etc.

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 1 bag

1. On the bottom of your kraft bag, carefully and slowly peel the base apart from the glue adhesive.
  2. Your kraft bag should look like this, flatten out.
  3. You are ready to flip the pages of your magazine (or newspaper) and tear out pages or clip photos that you'd want on the bag.
  4. Once you have all the pages/clippings, organize them to fit on the kraft bag and glue down. Repeat on all sides (or however you would like to decorate, up to you!)
  5. When you reach the sides of the bag, once glued down - make sure to crease the lines.
  6. You are now ready to assemble the kraft bag back its original state. Glue and secure down with packaging tape to reinforce.
  7. The bag is decorated and ready to be filled with gift.

Smart and thrifty! I love the ice cream image!

I have so many bags! I am starting to make more to collect for gifts :) Thanks! I love the ice cream image too.