Making a Light Bulb Terrarium
A hollowed out incandescent light bulb can be used to make a neat miniature terrarium. This is a guide about making a light bulb terrarium.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun way to use a burnt out incandescent bulb that would otherwise be thrown out.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 1 hollowed out incandescent bulb
- moss, dirt, pebbles, or any fun findings from outside
- a pencil or other long, narrow tool
- a screw
- string or thread
- Start with an incandescent light bulb that has been previously hollowed out. There are some excellent tutorials online showing how to do this.
- Take the screw and start twisting it into the threads on one side of the bulb's aluminum cap to make a small hole. Twist it back out and make another hole across from the first on the opposite side.
- Fill the bulb carefully with your pebbles, then your dirt, and finally your moss and treasures.
- Use the pencil to move and push things so they are arranged to your liking.
- Using the holes you made in the cap of the bulb, thread your string through and tie it into a knot.
By Shawna G. from Ann Arbor, MI
In This Guide