Use Egg Crate Foam Mattress For Pet Bed

We got a new bed about the same time we adopted a stray puppy. I folded the old foam egg carton twin mattress in half, wrapped it with the fitted sheet and tucked in the flat sheet. It's easy to take the sheets off to wash. Our puppy has grown into a 75 lb dog and her recycled bed is the perfect size!

By Jane from Stone Mountain, GA

Answers:

Use Egg Crate Foam Mattress For Pet Bed

I have a friend that does this for her dog. His bed is in their garage. She also cuts up the eggcrate foam and uses them for the stuffing/inside for outdoor seat covers for her outdoor lawn furniture. I made some nice seat covers with eggcrate and some sturdy material. They get wet when it rains, but the sun dries them out. Sewed ties to the back, so they won't blow away or fall off the chair. The cats love their cushioned chairs! (01/29/2008)

By Chris

Use Egg Crate Foam Mattress For Pet Bed

We raise rabbits. So if for some reason its cold still when one of our does kindle, I cut the egg crate to fit the bottom of her nest box. Then in goes the hay. It works great and provides extra warmth. I've also just cut up pieces and added it to cages for them a spot to get away from the updrafts in the winter, only problem, some liked to chew on it...lol (05/18/2008)

By Billie-Jo

RE: Use Egg Crate Foam Mattress For Pet Bed