Use Foam Mattress Pad for a Pet Bed

I cut two pieces of eggcrate foam the same size. Then I cut out a strip of fabric large enough to sew into a pillowcase large enough to enclose the foam. After inserting the foam into the pillowcase shape, I then used quilting thread and stitched up the ends. I wanted to use a different thread and one that is easy to see and remove, as I will remove the stitching should I need to wash it.

I could have also used sewable velcro or snaps, but figured the quick basting was easier.

The eggcrate foam is also great for reusing to make seat covers for outdoor chairs, etc.

Please Note: If you pet is the type that likes to try to eat his bedding, foam is not a suitable material to use for their bedding.

By Chris from USA

Use Foam Mattress Pad for a Pet Bed

Use Foam Mattress Pad for a Pet Bed