Use Foam Mattress Pad for a Pet Bed

I made a bed for my Basset Hound from a memory foam mattress topper that I didn't need anymore. I cut it into a rectangle, then I cut an old sheet to fit and sewed the sheet around three sides leaving one side open. I put the rectangular piece of foam into the sheet and sewed it shut. Then, I took a couple of his dog blankets and made them into a pillow case large enough to fit the foam.

He loved his bed, and it was so easy to clean, just take off the case and wash it. I cut more pieces and made beds for my other dogs. He passed away a few years ago, and my other dogs now use it as their extra bed. I think it is especially comforting to dogs with spine and joint problems like my Basset Hound, Pete.

By Cynthia from IL