DairyFood Tips

Use Unsalted Butter

I like the taste of salted butter, but it recently occurred to me that a lot of the things that I have with it - peanut butter, cheese, yeast extract - contain a fair amount of salt themselves. So I experimented with spreading bread or toast with unsalted butter when using these fillings, and found that I didn't miss the salt. In fact, unsalted butter tastes better with peanut butter than salted - its slight sweetness is a good complement.

I'm not sure I'd want butter and peanut butter together. As they say 'There's no accounting for taste'. But, you are on the right track and I commend you for that. Now, you may want to try a low sodium peanut butter. And there are little, pale yellow squares of rubber in the dairy section which are rather low in sodium. You might want to try them, too. They're called Swiss Cheese.

Hope you live to be 110. Thumbs up!