Use X-14 For Removing Mold and Mildew

Category Mold
If you are looking for a good mold killing bathroom cleaner, X-14 is recommended by many people. This is a guide about use X-14 for removing mold and mildew.

When I went to re-caulk my tub over spring break (yes, my life is that exciting!), I went into my local neighborhood hardware store to gather supplies. The ever-helpful employees shared with me their favorite way of getting rid of the mold and mildew after scraping out the old caulk and replacing it with new caulk: X-14. Yes, it's incredibly caustic, but it does the job like nothing else I've ever tried!

I sprayed everything down, turned to the sink to wet my sponge and by the time I turned back, everything resembling mold, mildew, or soap scum was gone. You do need to be very careful not to inhale these fumes. I personally open the window, turn on the fan, hold my breath, spray the X-14 where needed and run for the hills! I just hope nobody's watching me while I'm using this product. :) If you're desperate to clean up the tub, X-14 is the answer.

By Kristen Lausman from Grand Rapids, MI

Top Comment

I have used X-14 for many years. Nothing has come on the market to beat it. I'm with you ... I open all the windows, turn on the fans, spray the X-14 and run.

A few hours out shopping gets the job done. I have tried the new mold busters and noticed the mold comes back in a couple weeks. With X-14 it comes back in a couple of years. I have had the same spray bottle for at least a decade.

What is X-14? Who puts it out? Sounds great, I've nver heard of it before. I wonder if the "Depot" has it.

Where can X-14 be purchased? Walmart?

My mom always used X-14 and it worked great. They discontinued it in 2009. Now I need it for my husband's scary shower. It's 2017 and I can't find it anywhere. I've gotten stuff from Target, Walmart. Nothing works. Not Clorox, Scrubbing Bubbles or Kaboom.