Uses for Clip Hangers

Category Miscellaneous
Clothes hangers with clips can be used in a variety of ways around the house. This guide contains uses for clip hangers.

I've found a use for those clip type hangers that come with new pants or skirts from the store. I use them for hanging my skirts in the closet. But don't like to use them for my pants because of the clip mark that's left on them.

So I keep them handy in the laundry room. Now when I wash my slippers but don't want them to go through the dryer, I clip one slipper to each end of the hanger. I also use it to hang my steam mop pads after washing. Also, any unmatched socks that come out of the washer or dryer get clipped to one.

In the closet it's a great way to store scarves and sash type belts. During cold weather I have crocheted scarves and matching hats and mittens. I clip the mittens to one end, hats to the other end and drape the scarf over the middle, keeping each set together and easy to grab.

I love to feed the wild birds so I hang one of these hangers outside with a small bird treat on either end. I disguise the hangers with silk foliage and flowers. The birds love it.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Just as useful as clips, which I sometimes run short of because of having too many snacks open at once, is the hangers with clips! Also, if you are short of shelf or cabinet space, you can hang the snacks on a nail on the back porch out of the way and possibly rodents won't get to them as easily!

Usually department stores give you the hanger that comes with shorts, especially children's. The ends have the plastic with the metal slider. The entire part can be snapped off easily and reused for snack bags and such.

By ceil

If you have clothing items that you can't hang up on a regular clothing hanger (like rompers and strapless dresses), you can use a skirt hanger. Make sure you get the kind with adjustable clips so it fits any type of clothing piece you own! They can be easily purchased at a local Walmart or Target!

Sometimes keeping your recipe close at hand and easy to view while cooking can be difficult. Use a hanger with clips to keep your recipe off the counter and easy to read. This is a guide about using clip hanger for reading recipes.

Clip hanger used for holding recipe, from cupboard knob.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes