Uses for Kitchen Shears

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I am loving my new herb scissors by Ball. They have several blades so they chop up herbs into tiny bits in no time and really don't miss much. They come with a sheath/comb to get any stuck herbs out of the scissors.

They are pretty cool and not very spendy. They cut herb chopping time in half for those of us who aren't so fast with the chopping. :)

7 More Solutions

Use kitchen shears to cut sandwiches, toast or pizza, its a lot easier than trying to cut them with a knife.

Whenever a recipe calls for cutting up marshmallows, (or anything sticky and sweet, such as dates, dried apricots, etc.), dip your kitchen shears in confectioners sugar between cuttings to keep them from sticking to the blades.

Even chopping green onions can make my eyes water. So instead of using a knife, I use my kitchen scissors to chop them. Just clean the green onions as normal and snip until you have the desired amount.

To save time you can cut your long loaf of bread with scissors. You will get nice even slices too!

A loaf of bread being cut with a pair of scissors.

We make pizzas at home quite often, sometimes half and half which makes it a little more difficult to share. My DH had a brilliant idea, use scissors (any will do, make sure they are clean though) to cut it into serving pieces.

Cutting salad greens is part of the preparation of many meals. This is a page about cut salad greens with scissors.

Cut Salad Greens with Scissors - cutting greens with scissors

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When I heard that many chefs use scissors for many cooking chores, I decided to give it a try.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsNovember 16, 2017
🌻
👔
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Kitchen-Shears.html