Cut Salad Greens with Scissors

Category Time Savers
Cutting salad greens is part of the preparation of many meals. This is a guide about cut salad greens with scissors.

When cooking or making a salad, I have recently discovered that using scissors to cut greens or fresh herbs saves me a lot of time and bother. I have even used them with peppers and mushrooms. I keep a special set of steak knife set scissors clean for this purpose though you could use any scissors that you keep clean.

Top Comment

I use my kitchen scissors a lot. They sure do come in handy when preparing food. You have my vote.

I love my kitchen shears but I was taught to always tear my lettuce instead of cutting it. Something about breaking the cellular walls and browning. Anyone else ever taught this?

I do cut my chard, kale and spinach, it's just the lettuce that I don't cut.

Hi Jess, that is exactly what my mom taught me. Tear, don't cut as it browns faster/gets all wilted along the edges. Thanks for bringing back a nice childhood memory for me as salad was usually my job as a youngster!