Uses for Metal Coffee Cans

Re-use metal coffee cans and lids. My grandfather used coffee cans to store nails, bolts, small screw drivers, and other tools. The cans kept the moisture out and kept things organized. They can also be used to store small containers of oil, etc. and sandpaper.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

More Solutions

I save large tin coffee cans to use as containers I give my baked treats away with. This is the Christmas theme I used. I am not camera savvy, sorry.

Row of decorated coffee cans.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Coffee cans make really cute drums for the toddler and preschool set. The drum can be decorated with stickers, colored tape, etc.

5 Questions

I have many 3 lb. coffee cans that I hate to throw away. Does anyone have any clever and practical uses for them? Thanks.

K

Answers

Best Answer

My personal favorite is to use coffee cans for perennial transplants in the spring. I divide and give away lots of plant divisions and these cans are often the perfect size to use. They also make good planters for outdoors, and 3 can be wired together to make an interesting, larger-sized planter. You can also paint the cans and decorate them with designs if you like.

Another use is to have an empty coffee can by the sink to put all your compostable waste into. Keep the lid on it until it is full. Then empty into your compost bin. Wash it out and keep using it.

At work, we keep an empty coffee can by the coffee pot. The used coffee grounds go into the tin, and a fellow who is an avid gardener takes the can home when it is full. Then another empty coffee can takes its place and gets filled up again.

Answer this Question

Uses for coffee cans. Post your ideas.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 16, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Metal-Coffee-Cans.html