Uses for Plastic Tablecloths

Plastic tablecloths have a wide variety of uses in addition to their intended one. These range from craft projects, to decorations, to use in the garden. This is a guide about uses for plastic tablecloths.

Recovering seating such as deck chairs or other furniture that needs a sturdy or spill proof seat cover can be done less expensively with a pretty vinyl tablecloth. This is a guide about make seat covers from a vinyl tablecloth.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

A seasonal vinyl tablecloth is a perfect item to convert into a pretty, even inexpensive, Christmas tree skirt. It is easy and quick to do. This is a guide about how to make a tree skirt with a vinyl tablecloth.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Large vinyl tablecloths are inexpensive and often seasonally decorated. They are the perfect solution to wrapping large gifts. This is a guide about using tablecloths as gift wrap.

I wanted to block that view, yet let in air circulation, but on a budget. I am ordering rolls of high quality plastic tablecloths.

I will cut the plastic in 6 inch wide strips by 8 feet long and attach them to the roof line.

What kind of paint can I use on a vinyl tablecloth that, when I wipe, it won't smear, or take off the paint?

By Misty

Answers

If you want to use rubber stamps, I would suggest Stayz On permanent ink. If you want to paint it, your best bet would be to buy clear vinyl to go over the top (you can stitch the edges of the tablecloth and the vinyl together).

Fabric stores sell clear vinyl, or, for a cheaper option, buy a clear shower curtain and cut to size.

Try paint made for plastics.

There are many uses for the cheap plastic tablecloths. How do you use them other than their intended use?

Answers

I used to put them under the highchairs when the kids were little. I also have backed curtains with them to help block out wind during cold winters.
They make great paint cloths also.

Drop cloths.

How do I make large bows using plastic table cloths?

By Sandra Starkey from Springfield, LA

Answers

We cut ours in long strips and tied them as you would any bow. A few years back I went to a party supply store and bought a roll of red plastic tablecloth like the ones used on banquet tables and decorated the porch posts and all in bows for Christmas.

Weatherproof and reusable.