Make Big Showy Flowers from Plastic Tablecloths

Category Decor
As an alternative to tissue paper flowers for your next event try using inexpensive plastic table cloths. Plastic tablecloths are perfect for making big showy flowers, and they come in many bright colors.

I needed some big beautiful flower displays for a party. I asked for and received the plastic tablecloths that my local Tricky Tray was throwing out after their event. I created these beautiful flowers with them!

Great for Mother's Day, parties, showers, and even as beautiful gift toppers!

Total Time: 5 minutes each

• plastic table cloths
  • rubber bands or string
  • scissors

1. I laid out the table cloth on my floor and just started folding it in half.
  2. Each time I folded it, I would cut the folded side.
  3. No need to worry about being perfect or fancy.
  4. Keep folding and cutting until you get to a size you'd like for your flower.
    I eventually cut the sheet in half and used 15 sheets per flower.
  5. Then I accordian folded the square pieces. Again, no need to be lined up perfectly!
  6. I added a rubber band to the center of most, but you can also add a string or cord if you would like to eventually hang your flowers.
  7. I left some edges squared, but also tried to cut some of the edges in scallops for pretty petal designs.
  8. I pulled the pieces apart from one another and even bunched up the petals in my hands a bit so they weren't too uniform.
  9. I think they are lovely and remind me of peonies!
  10. I will be placing them in the middle of some tables as a centerpiece, but you can hang them, add them to vases or even onto gifts!
  11. Advertisement

Those are really pretty!

turned out great!

Pretty.

Very nice you were able to turn plastic tablecloths into flowers. :) Lovely!!

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorOctober 2, 2019
🎃