Make Big Showy Flowers from Plastic Tablecloths
Vote for this contest contender!
I needed some big beautiful flower displays for a party. I asked for and received the plastic tablecloths that my local Tricky Tray was throwing out after their event. I created these beautiful flowers with them!
Great for Mother's Day, parties, showers, and even as beautiful gift toppers!
Total Time: 5 minutes each
- plastic table cloths
- rubber bands or string
- I laid out the table cloth on my floor and just started folding it in half.
- Each time I folded it, I would cut the folded side.
- No need to worry about being perfect or fancy.
- Keep folding and cutting until you get to a size you'd like for your flower.
I eventually cut the sheet in half and used 15 sheets per flower.
- Then I accordian folded the square pieces. Again, no need to be lined up perfectly!
- I added a rubber band to the center of most, but you can also add a string or cord if you would like to eventually hang your flowers.
- I left some edges squared, but also tried to cut some of the edges in scallops for pretty petal designs.
- I pulled the pieces apart from one another and even bunched up the petals in my hands a bit so they weren't too uniform.
- I think they are lovely and remind me of peonies!
- I will be placing them in the middle of some tables as a centerpiece, but you can hang them, add them to vases or even onto gifts!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!