IndoorGardening

Using Bird Feeders for Houseplants

Vote for this contest contender!

I picked up two inexpensive wooden bird feeders that were actually a little broken in a local department store for $1 each. I decided to use them inside my house to hold some hanging plants. I bring in a number of herbs for the winter and so window and plant space becomes an issue for me in the winter.

Now there's room for my spearmint, basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano plus my ornamentals! It saves space by hanging them and I thought it looks super cute!

Excellent idea!

I LOVE this idea! I recently moved to an apartment building where bird feeding is not allowed, and I do so miss my birds, feeders, wildlife and hanging baskets. What a great way to give me the feeling of feeding birds and having wildlife attracting plants without breaking any rules. A few fake birds on the feeders will add to the enjoyment. Thank you!