Using Deck Railing for Garden Tool Storage

Category Tools
Upcycle old wooden deck railing to make a handy place to store shovels, rakes and other garden implements. This guide is about using deck railing for garden tool storage.

We had to replace our deck and railings. There were a couple of sections that were still in good shape. We had the idea to use a section of the railing for storage and place it on the back of my shed cottage.

Total Time: 3 hrs.

Yield: 1

• screws
  • drill
  • paint
  • brush
  • large hooks

Optional: You can also make a sign with a piece of wood that is spray painted and decorated.

1. The railing was cleaned off and ready for painting. I had on hand some exterior paint that would be perfect for this project since it for the outdoors.
  2. It was then painted and allowed to dry.
  3. The railing was ready for hanging. The holes were pre drilled and wood screws were used.
  4. Ad

5. To add a little more flare to this project, I also had left over wood to create a cute sign. It was also painted and allowed to dry. For my sign I used adhesive letters and added protective spray for outdoors. It was then hung with wood screws above my fence railing.