Using Dry Erase Calendars for Your Home

Category Memory Tricks
Keeping track schedules, appointments or chores can be helped with a large household calendar. This guide is about using dry erase calendars for your home.

Saw this at a friend's house and I intend to have it ready in my home before school starts:

Purchase 3 dry-erase calendar boards. Fill out three months at a time; the current month, and the next two. Write in dates of all activities. You can use color coded markers for each family member, if you wish. Hang the three boards on the wall, with the current month on top, the other two below. Now you will always have a place to put current and future events.

Of course, at the end of the current month, simply move up the next two on the wall, and make a new one for the next month. I couldn't believe how easy this looked and can't wait to get mine up. Gone will be the calendars for each activity, etc. Everything in one place!

By kljohn from Crawford, CO

I saw this idea at a friend's house, and asked for the tools to make it work from my grown daughter for Christmas last year. Purchase 2 dry erase calendars from your favorite office supply store. Mine all came from WalMart. Add a plain dry erase board, a organizer pouch, markers, and eraser. Now you have a message center that changes with the months!

It's been the best tool ever this year, we all use it in our household, and we know where to look to find dates, etc. When your current month is over, simply erase and add the new "next" month (i.e. November and December). Use markers to color code events, paydays, anything you wish. All this from a gal who is not known for her organizational skills. Best Christmas present ever.

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Take two (my friend uses three) dry erase calendars. Use one for the current month, and the other for the upcoming month. Use different colors for different family member's schedules, pay days, holidays, appointments, etc.

Post these calendars next to your phone. Add a misc. paper pouch, and a magnetized dry erase board, and you have as customized communication center. I asked for this from my grown daughter last Christmas, and it's been one of the most useful gifts I've ever had.

By Kim C. J. from Crawford, CO

Find nice pictures of your family and scan them into your computer. Get any of the free Calendar programs off the net (Freeware) and build yourself a calendar. This is especially nice for grandparents if you live far away.

By Debra in Colorado

Make a Family Calendar

Doesn't it make you feel good to get a birthday card from that sweet aunt who just seems to never forget a birthday? My sister printed a family calender with all the family's birthdays printed on that particular day. Now there are 4 of us who are faithfully sending a card to our family members on their birthday. (04/04/2005)

By MamawKC