Removing Dry Erase Marker From Fabric

Category Stains
Dry erase marker can accidentally get on our clothing or other fabric surfaces while we are using one. This is a guide about removing dry erase marker from fabric.

This guide is about removing dry erase marker stains on clothing. White board markers can leave stains on clothing which can be difficult to remove.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

My daughter got blue EXPO Dry Erase Marker on her new bedspread. I applied Amodex as directed two times and the marker is still there. Any advice on how to remove the marker would be helpful.

Thanks.
Maria, Ava's Mom

By maria

Answers

Best Answer

Nail polish remover or hairspray. Good luck.

My 1 year old was playing with dry erase markers and got some all over his t-shirt. My husband didn't pay attention when he did the laundry, so it's gone through the wash and the drier already. Is there anything I can to get it out? I tried sunscreen, dish soap, several different fabric cleaners, and the stain still looks the same. It was his only good outfit and I can't afford to get him another, so it's really important to me to get this stain out.

Answers

Try an oxy-clean type of detergent.

I have used hairspray and had luck on most fabrics. Try this with a small spritz on an edge of the stain and make sure the stained area isn't touching the unstained area as you don't want to spread the stain.

Spray and use a clean white rag to wick away the ink. It may take several times, but it usually removes the stain. Wash in a regular wash when done to get spray residue out.

A homemade quilt got dry erase marker on it. The quilt is pink and white squares and the marker color is red and black. We would love to know some way to get the marker out of the quilt. Thank you!

Amy from Provo, UT

Answers

Wait to see if anyone else gives a better answer, but I thought that kind of marker was washable, use some "Shout" type stain remover. OR ask a teacher. I am sure Jonnie got her white pants last year. If ya know what I mean, lol. Good luck