Removing Dry Erase Marker Stains on Clothing

1
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I am an older man and disabled so I do the home work while my lovely wife teaches school. She came home with a major dry erase mark on her new pink blouse from Costco. I went to this site ThriftyFun. Of course alcohol, dry erase board cleaner, and OxiClean didn't even touch it. And being a colored shirt, I didn't dare use bleach type products. What worked very well was Murphy's Oil Soap and Banana Boat 50 sunscreen. So thanks for all your tips.

By j_lyday from SLC, UT

More Tips

Share a TipCheck out these tips or, if you have something to add to this page, click to share your own tip!

I let my little grandson scribble with a dry erase marker and he got it all over his shirt. I was really surprised that it would be so difficult to get out. I tried all the tips listed, except for the ink remover.

I had a bright pink dry erase stain on some blue cotton chambray light-weight fabric. Scrubbing with lots of Murphy's Oil Soap got the ink out - along with some of the dress's blue color.

First I tried Murphy's Oil Soap on the water-wetted shirt spot. It took a bit of the stain out, but not much. Then I sprayed Top Job Spot & Stain carpet cleaner, it comes in a red plastic spray container, directly onto the spot and rubbed it with an old white cotton sock.

10 Questions

How do you get dry erase marker marks out of clothing?

By glenda dunnigan from Belleville, IL

Answers

Best Answer

Murphy's Oil Soap removed an old blue Dry Erase Marker stain from a brand-new soft pink cotton blouse. I had tried to pre-soak it and had washed it many days earlier and let it dry. The stain was a bit faded but still very noticeable. I just tried the Murphy's soap with a white towel below and dabbed with a paper towel, moving around on the towel. The blue stain was tranferred to the towel below until it was completely gone from the blouse. There is no trace of stain on my blouse.

Best Answer

Wow! the sunscreen worked. My 3 year-old daughter got blue dry erase marker all over her new dress from Macy's, of course it matches her sister's so I was devastated. My DH said he took care of it when we got home which meant he sprayed it with Spray and Wash and set it on the dryer where it sat for weeks heating and reheating. I tried scrubbing, rewashing, Murphy's Oil Soap, rewashing and then MOS again, but using white paper towels and expired Water Babies Sunscreen worked. It took some elbow grease, but the stains are out! Thx spicmom for the post.

Answer this Question

How do you remove dry-erase stains from a white polyurethane vest? I have tried rubbing alcohol, Murphy's Oil soap, Oxi Clean spray, and have washed it. I have not put in dryer. Nothing even touches it.

By Sara from IA

Answers

Best Answer

Nail poilish remover or hairspray.
good luck.

Answer this Question

This is a page about removing dry erase marker on polyester. Using the best cleaner for the stain and the fabric are crucial for safe removal of marker stains.

Four dry erase markers with the caps off.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I need help removing dry eraser marks on a tee shirt.

I have green dry erase marker on my coach suede bag (camel suede color). Lots of marks, not just a small one.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 17, 2012
🐛
👔
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Dry-Erase-Marker-Stains-on-Clothing.html