Removing Dry Erase Marker on Polyester

Category Stains
Using the best cleaner for the stain and the fabric are crucial for safe removal of marker stains. This is a guide about removing dry erase marker on polyester.

Help! My grandson got dry erase marker on a brand new Detroit Tiger $80 jersey. it is 100% polyester. I tried everything I could think of. Please help; he's heartbroken.

By dotty

Answers

Best Answer

I use alcohol to clean my dry erase board; I wonder if that might take it out of the jersey. One thing I use for most stains is plain ole 3% peroxide, available in dollar stores. It takes out most any stain.
Pat

How do I remove dry erase marker stains on polyester?

By Muttern

Answers:

Dry Erase Marker on Polyester

There is a spray out that they use to remove permanent marker from dry erase boards if it has been used by accident. Not sure if you can use it on polyester, but it may take the stain out. I'd read the label first. Have you tried a stain remover and water? You haven't said what the article is. (09/10/2009)

By susan cantin