Removing Dry Erase Marker from Clothes

I let my little grandson scribble with a dry erase marker and he got it all over his shirt. I was really surprised that it would be so difficult to get out. I tried all the tips listed, except for the ink remover. Alcohol did nothing, Goof-off did nothing. Murphy's Oil Soap finally began to budge the color. Then I remembered my Spot Shot carpet cleaner. That took it right out.

Now, was it a combination of everything that went before or just the Spot Shot I am not sure. I am so grateful something works.

Top Comment

Mine was blue and been sitting for right over a month and my mom washed and almost completely dried it, was dry on the marks. Mind you, it got on my bamboo placemat and I couldn't get it out. I sprayed a little dreft stain n rubbed, added 91% Alcohol rubbed, and then rubbed a fels naptha bar on and rubbed. It came right out, easiest remedy I've tried yet!

Anonymous

I just used Ocean Potion Sunscreen with a white cloth behind my daughter's rash guard shirt.. the stain is gone! I hand-washed out the residue and will put it in the next load. It will be all ready to pass along. Wow! Thanks for the tip!