Using Fertilizer in Your Garden

Use Epson salt to perk up your plants and make them lush and healthy. Use a teaspoon per gallon.

6 Questions

Do you add the Epsom salts (1 Tbsp/gallon of water) alone or with your nutrient recipe?

By Jo-Ann L.

Answers

Best Answer

Depending on the size of the pot, or area of ground, I just grab a fist full and throw it in then water. I have very tiny hands though so I don't over do it.

Answer this Question

I have been using a nitrogen based fertilizer. I have baby bok choy and Chinese water spinach, both have the same condition. I think it's too much nitrogen. Can this cause the problem of curled distorted leaves? Thanks. I hope to see what others think.

By nanvarrow135@gmail.com from northern Vic

Answers

Usually that is "leaf curl" a disease that is very contagious in plants. First quarantine the plants. There is a product called Daconil that is great for that.

Curled leaves can also be a symptom of uneven watering.

Answer this Question

What do I feed my lilac bush with?

By wtynne from Broomall, PA

Answers

Lilacs don't like to bloom if you fertilize them. You get all bush and no flowers. Compost or mulch would help truly poor soil and the plant too!

Answer this Question

Should you fertilize in the summer when days are over 100 degrees F?

By john from Yucca Valley, CA

Answers

I wouldn't. The plants are under enough stress just keeping their roots wet and not drying out.

I typically stop fertilizing around the beginning of August and I'm in a cold weather climate.

Answer this Question

Knowing when, what kind, and how much fertilizer to use can seem very confusing. With some research the mystery unravels and you will be able to care for your plants properly. This is a page about fertilizing made easy.

A gloved hand sprinkling fertilizer in a garden.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerAugust 17, 2015
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Fertilizer-in-Your-Garden.html