Using Google Search to Answer Questions

I hope you find this as helpful as I have.

There is a fairly new element of Google search. I just by chance found out about it. Google gets a lot of bad (some well deserved) rap. This little gem is a feather in their caps!

My sister and I were talking over the phone. The subject of animal cruelty came up. She said her neighbor beats his dogs. She added that she reported him to the police, but they said there was nothing they could do. She wanted to intervene but didn't know what to do.

I told her most animal issues, short of dog bites, etc, were handled by the county by a department usually named something like 'Animal Control'. I said, 'google your question, you're bound to find something'. She had no idea of what I was talking about. I did it for her and showed her the results. I googled 'My neighbor beats his dogs' 'The police can't help' 'What can I do'

There were answers from

• Quora
  • Whole-dog-journal
  • Yelp
  • Yahoo
  • and many, many more

And maybe most importantly, good, concrete legal information from organizations like the ASPCA and PETA.

Try any question. Off the top of my head: Who is the mayor of Kalamazoo Michigan?

Or

Are there any recent advancements in the treatment of type 2 diabetes?

Or

What is the highest octane gasoline allowed by law?

So you see, you can ask Google anything about anything. You are immediately directed to sites with answers. Go on. Give it a try. I know you've got a load of questions you're just bustin' a gusset to ask.

You're welcome.

Funny because you're the BEST Googler I've ever met. You know what I'm talking about! You do better with research than a lot of top media writers. Insert cackle here.

Thanks, muchly!

Oooops! I forgot to ask. How's that cute pet shark of yours? Do be a dear and change her name from 'Fang' to something a little more 'genteel'. And do promise not to make shark steaks of her when she's grown. Poor thang.

TOOO LATE. Fang was being naughty. Fang was yummy.

You are a wicked carnivore. That's what you are. May the wrath of Neptune fall upon you!

You guys crack me up! :)

Thanks for this post!!

I enjoy knowing there are kindred soul who uses Google as a second brain! I love it!

Now if it could only find my car keys or remind me what I had for breakfast....

Ha Ha! Thanks.

I don't know about Google Search, but I'm sure Alexa could find your keys for you. You might need a micro transmitter on your key and you might need to shove a dongle in one or her ports. But heck, it would be worth it. I'm sure she would think so. too.

Nearly every single day I Google a question of some sort. I'd have a hard time living without Google and YouTube.

Don't you just love how now Google goes directly to your answers so you don't have to look for them?

Computers Internet Tips SearchingJuly 6, 2018
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Google-Search-to-Answer-Questions.html