Using Leftover Soap Pieces

How do you recycle bar soap pieces? Thank you in advance.

By Barbara from TX

Answers:

Using Leftover Soap Pieces

I break them up into an empty hand soap container, add some hot water to get them started dissolving then use it for more hand soap. (10/28/2009)

By micksgirl

Using Leftover Soap Pieces

I bought a shower body scrubbing glove at a dollar store and simply drop the shards of soap into it and close the top with a rubber band (no sewing and you can add new pieces easily!). It lathers up nicely and I just wad it up and use it as a scrubby sponge - but I suppose you could just leave the top open and stick your hand in with the soap and use it as usual. Good luck. (10/28/2009)

By tahlula

Using Leftover Soap Pieces

Look at WalMart's in the face cleaning/bath brushes area and you'll find a ready made sack to insert pieces of soap to use as a body scrub. It comes in pretty colors and hangs easily on your shower knob when not in use. I just keep adding soap pieces, got several in there right now. The scrubber is great on my body, better than a wash rag. (10/28/2009)

By saintjodi

Using Leftover Soap Pieces

I chip them up and add a little hot water, then I add a few drops of essence oils to add a nice smell. I pour them into different shaped molds and let air dry, and when dry enough to remove from molds I lay them out to dry for about a week to make sure they dry all the way inside. Then I have soap that sells in shops for upwards of 7 dollars and more a bar. I even have my friends saving me their soap bits for this. Or you could just dissolve them into a bottle of water and have liquid hand soap. (10/29/2009)

By dcsprsmm