CandiesBaking & Desserts

Using Runny Marzipan

While making marzipan this morning I made the mistake of putting way too much egg white in it. I frantically added extra icing sugar, I didn't have any more almonds, but it still hasn't gone solid. I shoved it in the fridge and went out and bought some ready made for the cake. Does anyone have any good ideas as to what I can use sloppy VERY sweet marzipan for? It isn't solid enough to cut up for candy and I don't want to throw it away!

By Marg

Ideas that come to mind for me are:

-drizzled on a bundt cake instead of icing
-drizzled onto fudge
-drizzled on ice cream

I love marzipan! I think that even though the texture is wrong the flavor would be yummy on many things that wouldn't normally have marzipan on them. :)

Thanks Laurel. I shall try all three. I love marzipan too, would probably have eaten it with a spoon from here to Christmas if the extra sugar hadn't made it so sweet. It's my son's birthday today - I really fancy the icecream!

Marg.