Using Self Adhesive Tile Paper on Plaster Walls

Category Walls
Self-stick tiles are an easy way to cover any surface. Using the proper techniques, these can be a long lasting wall covering.

Will self adhesive tile paper stick to plaster or do I need to do something with it first? I only have basic DIY skills and am trying to update my kitchen a little whilst I save up for a new one.

Answers

Best Answer

I would do a thorough cleaning, dry, prime it and put it on

I would use some kind of a primer. You don't want chunks of tile paper adhering to the plaster when it's time to remove it.

According to the size of the area, this could be a very expensive and difficult job, so I think you should do a lot of planning before "jumping in".

Since you are talking about a plastered wall in a kitchen it may be different from a "clean" (not greasy) wall in another room.
There are lots of types of plastered walls (smooth but bumpy, sharp points, swirls, etc) so I would suggest you take a very close up photo (that shows the texture) and visit several wallpaper stores and ask their opinion and maybe get an estimate of the cost. You will need some approximate measurements also.
Here is a site that has some information about what you are asking:

thehomesihavemade.com/.../

go for it. if your plan is to rip it all up in the future anyway it doesn't matter how bad a job you do. it will stick.

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsJuly 22, 2020
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Self-Adhesive-Tile-Paper-on-Plaster-Walls-1.html