Using Wine Bottle to Water Plants

Category Indoor
Many types of bottles can filled with water and inverted in a plant to give it a constant supply of water for a while. This can be a very helpful way to ensure your plants have water if you are away on vacation. This is a guide about using wine bottle to water plants.

My indoor plants need frequent watering and often get wilty before I get a chance to water them. I found a great way to keep them more hydrated and water less often - wine! Well, wine bottles that is (or any empty bottle with a narrow neck).

Just fill an empty bottle with water, dig a little hole in the soil of your potted plant, and quickly invert the bottle and press into the soil as firmly and upright as possible. As the soil dries, it wicks the water from the opening and keeps the soil moist until your next feeding.

Source: A party at my house with a lot of wine!

By Trina Sudhoff from Sunny South FL

What a great idea. Wish I would have thought of it.

Very clever!