Using Wine Racks for Storage

Category Storage

This is a guide about using wine racks for storage. When space is limited you can use these rakes for extra storage space in the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen.

In a house where storage space is severely limited, wine racks can be used to ease a portion of your storage dilemma. Wine racks make excellent magazine racks. The rack can be hung on the wall or placed beside of the bed or your favorite chair. You can store quite a collection of magazines in the compartments designed for wine bottles.

When bathroom cabinet space is limited, a wine rack can be hung on the wall and used to store small towels or wash cloths. You can even roll up tee shirts and place them in a wine rack when drawer space is severely limited. They make a colorful display for the wall or the top of a chest in the bedroom.

By VeronicaHB from Asheboro, NC

I saw something on an HGTV show the other night and it made me think, "Hey what an idea for my yarns!" The people had taken one wall in their living room (or was it the library?) and instead of the normal box shaped shelves, they used the diamond shaped racks like they use to store wine on. They painted the whole thing to match their decor, and stacked magazines and books on it.

I thought, "What a great idea!" I have lots of craft books and one of those racks (although not as big!) would be great! I could organize my books, and by using small bins I can get from the dollar store, I can also organize all the paraphernalia from my crafts, too.

I haven't done this yet but I sure plan on trying it. I want to see if I can find some old wine racks at yard sales or thrift shops first.

Source: HGTV

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

When I was at my sister's, she had two wine racks. In one, she stored bottled pop and water. In the other, she had all her balls of wool stored in each compartment. It looked nice and was easy for her to find the color she was looking for, as well as being tangle free.