Using a Generic Brother SE425 Memory Card

Has anyone tried a generic memory card for their Brother SE425 sewing machine? What is the best kind that will work?

Best Answer

You may be able to use a generic memory card if it is compatible with your machine but I would not purchase a card without being told that it compatible with YOUR model as many sellers will say something like "it should be" as it is compatible with so and so but with a machine like this it has to match perfectly.
Have you looked on eBay or Amazon? I believe I would call some of the sewing shops and ask them about where to buy one.

This is kinda new and some are selling CD's with designs that you can copy and transfer but I am not familiar with any of these. Ask some questions at the craft stores - maybe JoAnn's or Michael's as they stay up with all the new things.

You need to make sure that the card is compatible with the machine. Also check that you don't void the warranty if you use a generic card.