Using a Keyless Remote

Category Helpful Hints
Car entry remotes and key fobs let you lock, unlock and set off the alarm of your car from afar. A key fob can be very handy. This is a guide about using a keyless remote.

My keychain/car remote broke. The small end that had a hole that allowed the metal ring to loop through it broke so I couldn't hook the key ring to the remote anymore.

They are EXPENSIVE to replace and I wanted the convenience of the remote and the keys hooked together. I thought about the shape and rummaged through my 'junk drawer' for an old plastic coin purse that my kids used to use. If you squeeze the ends, it opens to put coins OR to put my remote in there! I am sure they are in dollar stores everywhere.

It fit great over the entire remote and I could hook my keys to it again. Just a little thing to make my life easier and I've used it happily every since!

I need to find a keyless entry code for a 2000 Ford Explorer.

Joe from Tecumseh, NE

Answers

ummm, Why?

I believe you have to go to the dealer to get the code. You will have to know the vim number and I also believe bring proof of ownership.

There are a few places you can look on a Ford; driver/passenger door near the rubber gasket or on the underside of the trunk lid. The inside of the glove-box is another possibility. You will be looking for a four to six digit number either stamped or on a small sticker. Make nice with the service manager of your local Ford dealer, it wouldn't hurt.

Found this website
http://undergro … _entry_code.html
that has guides for all Ford Keyless Entry Codes. Supports alot of Ford Makes and Models.

Hope this helps.

Found this website
http://undergro … _entry_code.html
that has guides for ALL Ford Keyless Entry Codes. Supports alot of Ford Makes and Models.

Hope this helps.

How do I reprogram my keyless entry code on my car?

By Kdillon

Answers

Check your owner's manual. There should be instructions in there. If not, call a dealership and they should be able to help you. Some can be reprogrammed by standing near the vehicle and hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds