Valentine Hearts Kite Vase
Valentine's Day is approaching and one way to show a person that you love them is to make them this hand-painted heart kite vase. Children can have a fun time creating their own vases to give to their classmates or even their teachers. You can add roses or dried flowers to your vase and display them on your mantel or even your table. Show the person how much you love them and give them the gift of love this Valentine's Day.
Total Time: 2 to 3 Hours
Yield: 1 Vase
- 1 clear vase or recycled bottle
- white acrylic paint
- red, pink, and green acrylic paint
- glitter gel
- green raffia
- hot glue gun
- Clean the vase or recycled bottles. You can find vases at most Dollar stores in your area. I do not have Dollars stores where I live so I need to use a recycled bottle for my vase.
- Apply the base coat of white acrylic paint to the outside of the bottle and allow it to dry.
- If you do not have pink paint, you can mix a little red paint with white paint to make your color. Apply the pink-colored paint to the outside of the bottle.
- Use your marker to draw your design. If you want to, cut out the hearts first with paper and trace the design on the bottle. The largest heart goes at the top, then add a medium-sized heart, and end with the small heart. Draw your line connecting the hearts on the bottle. Add the small triangles on both sides of the line to represent the cloth on the kite string. End with a cute bow.
- Use your red and green paint to paint your design. Use the red paint for the hearts and the green paint for the cloth or triangles on the string. You can use a marker to draw the string or just paint the string the way I did.
- When dried, apply a coat of gel glitter to the bottle. You can use any color you want. I am using silver. When dry add a coat of varnish to the jar.
- At the top of the bottle use the hot glue gun to glue two or three layers of green raffia around the bottle.
- Now braid some green raffia for the neck of the bottle. You can use this to attach your card. Add your card and flowers to the bottle and your vase is ready to give to the person of your choice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!