Valentine's Heart Chocolate Candy and Coupon Gift
This page contains instructions and photos to guide you in making two sweet Valentine's Day gifts. One is a kids' treat and the other a candy and coupon gift. The first step it to make small heart shaped paper boxes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can still have a nice Valentine's Day without having to spend much money. I will show you two methods. One method is making perfect candy favors for your little ones to bring to school, or you can make a candy gift with thoughtful coupons underneath for your significant other, spouse, or child to redeem.
Total Time: 35 minutes (varies depending how many you're making)
- construction paper
- plastic bag
- crepe paper streamers
- heart paper puncher, optional
- Using a heart paper puncher, punch out hearts with your desired construction paper. If you do not have a heart paper puncher, you can use scissors and free hand.
- Cut strips of construction paper in your preferred color to determine the height of the heart rim. My strips measure 1/2 inch.
- Using the strip of paper you just cut, apply tape to the edge, and line up with the heart cutout.
- Continue to cut pieces of tape and line up with the heart and fold over to the back of the heart. Once you reach the end, you can cut the excess off.
- You can now either stop as you have your paper heart shaped box. Then, put in some candies and slide into a Ziploc baggie or in a clear plastic bag and tie with a ribbon. This is an ideal and perfect (inexpensive way) to bring a gift for your child's classmates.
- To take this project to the next level, repeat steps to make more Valentine's heart boxes and fill each with treats, then put in a clear bag and tie with a ribbon.
- For the larger box, I used sturdy cardboard paper that I had laying around. I traced around a circle shaped lid, cut it out, and glued down leftover pink crepe streamers.
- To make this gift more thoughtful for my fiancé, I added the heart shaped punch outs at the bottom (taped down) that say: Relax Day Pass, Date Night Out, 30 Min Massage, Dinner Made by Me (you can write your coupons accordingly to your significant other, spouse, child, mom, dad, whomever you're giving this gift to). Then once I had secured all the hearts, I went around and cut again to remove the excess cardboard.
- Apply tape to the bottom of the bagged candies and stick over the heart coupons, that way each time one bag of candy is removed, a coupon can be seen.
- Once all candies are securely taped down over the coupons. I went around with a thicker 1" piece of paper to make a rim for the circle. You can make a box cover, or give gift as is!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.