Upcycled Coupon Birthday Card
Turn on your imagination and learn how to upcycle a heart shaped coupon into a fun birthday card. If you don't have a similar coupon make your own heart shape from cardstock.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Victoria's Secret mails out coupons printed on thick quality cardboard paper. I usually keep their coupons because they make great templates to trace or to use for other craft projects, like this birthday card!
But of course, if you do not have this coupon you can trace a heart shape on any cardboard, or thicker cardstock to achieve the same concept!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- tissue paper
- colored paper
- hot glue gun
- For the front of my card, I used a coupon that already says Happy Birthday. All the information underneath is not needed so I covered that with some white stickers.
- Rip pieces of tissue paper and crumble into a ball. Repeat until you have a good amount.
- Using hot glue, fill the heart up with the crumbled tissue paper balls leaving "Happy Birthday" visible.
- Trace the heart shape on cardboard two times, one to cover the back of the front (happy birthday) card and one for the back of the card. Cut out the traced hearts.
- Cut strip of paper (length wise) smaller than the heart.
- Fold the paper accordion style.
- To make a banner style, I cut a V shape off.
- Using the glue stick, apply glue on the back of the accordion to adhere to the back of the card.
- Apply glue to the front of accordion and adhere to the back of the front card. You are gluing to the second cardboard heart shape cut in step 4. Now glue this piece to the back of your decorated card front.
- Open the accordion up and write a message, or name of the recipient inside.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.