October 11, 20170 found this helpful
Worth of a Mersman table.
I have seen it on E-Bay for 300 dollars.
You want to study E-Bay for about a month.
Find out actual sales not just listed prices.
These tables are not rare there was millions of them made.
It is made of oak I believe.
October 14, 20170 found this helpful
This is one of the more rare tables but so many tables/styles were produced that not many ar worth more than $300 - $400 and may not sell quickly as tables are very heavy and difficult and expensive to ship.
- There seems to be 2 tables like this that have been bought/sold or placed up for sale over the past 2-3 years (your table and one with a glass top).
- The table with a glass top sold for $342 but no year is given. This article says the table is mahogany.
- https://www.cha … yle-oval-console
- Here is a posting of that same table from 2012-2013 but it does not indicate if it was sold.
- http://www.lotn … 3b4-d8684ef27def
- Here is a link to information on your table as it appeared on Worth Point (previously listed on eBay) but no date given or needed. It seems that it did not sell.
- https://www.wor … able-with-drawer
- Since you have some experience with eBay you probably already know that items like this may be worth "this" much money but selling them for that price is an entirely different story.
- There are several sites that offer free appraisals and many times they can give you more information about the type of wood and maybe a closer date (although you state made between 1900-1915).
- https://www.val … ntique-furniture
- https://www.jus … ersman-furniture
- ThriftyFun receives a lot of questions about Mersman tables. Here is a link to past questions that you might wish to read.
- https://www.thr … n-Furniture.html
Here are a couple of links with information about the company.
http://www.anti … vival-furniture/
http://antiques … ppraisals_Online