Vintage Tins for Storing Foodstuffs

Keep flour, sugar, and any other imaginable dry goods in these attractive collectible tins. They can be found at yard sales, Goodwill, and eBay.

Though I'm not certain they will safeguard your foodstuffs against moths and such pests, they will most certainly prevent rodents.

This is also nice if for some reason you don't have a lot of cupboard or storage space.

Even better? Find someone who works in a commercial kitchen and ask them to save the big jars for you. Sauerkraut, pickles and all kinds of things come in those big jars. The advantage? You can tell at a glance how much flour you have left or if you need to add it to your grocery list. I use them pretty much exclusively, and yes, they're all out in the open. Looks pretty great, I think, and yes, the jars keep bugs at bay.

I have a couple of big jars too and some say glass will keep moth pests away better than tins but I think tins are prettier

Food and Recipes Storage Dry StorageJanuary 26, 2017
🎉
🎄