Washing Clothes at a Laundromat

Category Laundry
Doing all your laundry at the launderette can be a daunting task. This guide is about washing clothes at a laundromat.

If you use a commercial laundry and don't want to add to your burden by carrying a box of detergent, measure the amount required for one load into plastic bags. When you are ready to go, so are they.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

I have taken my cloths to a laundry mat for a long time and have now got a problem with a mildew smell in my towels. For the first time my daughter's sweatshirt now smells of mildew after it has been washed. Could you please tell me what is causing this and how I can deal with it? Thank you.

Sincerely,
Linda from Vancouver

Answers

I don't use the wash house any longer. When I did I washed with lysol and lemon juice. The public washers are very nasty to use. I worked at 2 of them. If you can save up for the portable one for the kitchen sink. I have my own and love it like cooked food.

I found a used condom in a dryer and bought my own machine..

By Lynda (Guest Post)

To clean soured smelling clothing, regardless of color, use a small amount of bleach only to a washer of clear water and rewash. I have a double-load, extra large washer and use 1/3 cup should that ever be a problem. I don't discover it until a load has been accidentally left too long in the washer, or if the clothes were dirtier than normal, such as after cleaning a rug or tennis shoes. The odor should not be the case for all your clothes and should not return afterwards. The proper amt. of bleach will truly do the trick better than anything, just don't make a habit of it since it's a strong chemical, and make certain there's ventilation. God bless you. : )

some laundry places have certain machines they will use for customers that they do the laundry for they have a habit of leaving the clothes in the machine too long, or they will take them out and lay them to the side until the dryer is free. I went to a different laundry mat and washed a small load and dryed them and there was not mild dew smell

By (Guest Post)

Have you tried baking soda? I use a half cup in each load, and it works wonderfully. It leaves a fresh, clean scent.