Water in Above Ground Pool Green and Murky

I have a 4x18' above ground pool with a pump and have been adding the store bought chlorine tabs, but the water is still green and murky. I know it's safe to add household bleach (safer than chlorine), but I'm not sure how much to add or how often. Also is it okay to use bleach alone or in addition to tabs? What should the ph test read? I read that you should use a pool conditioner (prevents UV rays from destroying chlorine, or else you should add chlorine every 2 hrs). Is that expensive and if so would it be okay to exclude it just for the weekend. I need quick overnight fix cuz we have family in for the 4th (kids wanna swim asap!) Help plz.

The Ph should be 7.2 or below. If not, use muriatric acid to lower it. Then you can clean the pool with granular chlorine.

This is a good article to refer to
dengarden.com/.../How-to-turn-your-swimming-pool-from...

This is one of those times that going to a pool store and consulting someone who has likely seen everything is probably the best bet! Good Luck!

We we're told that chlorine easily gets evaporated. There's an additional liquid you can get so this doesn't happen.