WeedsGardening

Weed Killer and Lawn Fertilizer Recipe

Category Weeds

I am looking for a recipe for a weed killer/lawn fertilizer combination. I think it has vinegar, dish soap and two other ingredients. The recipe was given to me years ago and I can't find it.

By Lori

See the post in this ThriftyFun newsletter just above yours, asking about killing all plants, grass, weeds. Someone posted the recipe there for him.

Pat T in Florida

LOL, Pat, I went back and found the recipe-which I'd missed when I read the post asking for help killing off all growth!

Here's a link for anyone who is looking for the recipe:

www.thriftyfun.com/tf39046354.tip.html

And here is a copy/paste of the actual recipe as written by the poster:

By lollee 07/26/2011
I found a recipe online for a vegetation killer that really works. One gallon of white vinegar, 1 pound of salt and a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap.

We've even adjusted ratios if we've got a short supply of one thing or another. We use a gallon garden sprayer to apply. You have to give plants a pretty good soaking so you get the roots. Your yard will smell like you're making pickles for days, but your weeds will be dead and it's a lot cheaper than Roundup! Don't use it anywhere you want to plant for a while because it gets in the soil.