Week 29: Chinese Mustard Greens and Shrimp Soup
This week's soup contains shrimp, mustard greens and aromatics like garlic and onion. To make it more hearty, add rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This soup is very versatile. You can eat this as is, paired with rice or even add some noodles into this soup. This is one of my favorite soups and very quick to make with just a few ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lb Chinese mustard greens
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 1 gal water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stem green onion
- Mince shrimp to a paste. Add some chopped green onions and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Over medium high heat boil water. Add white onions and peeled garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Then add pinch of salt.
- Slowly pour minced shrimp into the boiling pot.
- Then add Chinese mustard greens and push down the vegetable into the water. Add fish sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Ready to serve into bowl and top off with dash of black pepper for garnishing.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.