Weeping Willow Twigs Sprouting

These twigs were in a arrangement I received. They are now budding out -growing. Do I need to repot them? How do I care for them?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Are they developing roots? Dip the ends in some rooting hormone then put into some peat moss or good rich potting soil.

I would also put rooting hormone on them and put in a soil-less potting mix. Once the plant takes off, I would repot in potting soil.

These twigs were most likely just for adding some sort of "definition" to this arrangement but now it looks like these "twigs" will soon take over your pot.
I would definitely recommend removing this from your pot and if you like it then just repot in any good potting soil. You will soon be able to tell if you really like it as it looks like a very fast growing plant and may even be a vine.

Willows are large fast growing trees that root and bud very easily. You only need to shove a freshly cut twig into the ground and it will grow of its own accord without any help from rooting powders.

However, if you want to grow one in a pot you could look up how to bonsai it. They prefer the outdoors

It looks like a Twisted Willow, a relatively small tree. I was just looking to see if I can use cuttings to propagate. Looks like it!