Welcome to the Neighborhood Gift Ideas

When a new person or family moves into your neighborhood it is thoughtful to give them a welcome gift. This is a guide about welcome to the neighborhood gift ideas.

I have some new neighbors. What is a good welcome gift for someone new to the neighborhood?

By Megan

Answers

We recently moved and several neighbors brought us gifts of homemade food (apple pie, cookies, etc.) It was so wonderful to have great homemade food when we were still unpacking boxes and still eating quick foods. Be sure to include your name and phone number so they can add you to their new address book.

When ever a new person moves in near me, I bake them a cake or muffins. It is something that almost everyone eats and therefore safe. I have made good friends, with new neighbors, this way for many years.
You could bring them a casserole if that is more your speed. My only problem with casseroles is many people now are vegetarians. So if you bring them one don't be suprised if they politely decline it.

Mrs Kathy Cohen
Northfield,VT

By (Guest Post)

I would suggest taking something they can relax with, like relaxing bath soak or some type of aroma theraphy. Not everyone wants to eat from people they do not know, I didn't.

How about a soft fleece tie blanket that matches some of the decor in their new home? It's a houseWARMING gift!! Go to www.mysoftblanket.com and see what I'm talking about. You can have a blanket custom-made just for your friends and they are very reasonably priced. Good luck!