What Is This PlantPlant Info

What Is This Houseplant?

What type of plant is this? I bought it from a plant store and they said it only needs water every two weeks, but I would like to know the name. The leaves are slightly brighter than they appear in the picture.

Thanks!

It looks like a peace lily plant to me.

It looks like a hibiscus to me. It is a tropical plant with very showy blooms. It needs bright light but not direct sun through a window. They love to spend the summer outside in the sun.

Since you have two different suggestions, perhaps you could google those two names, and see if it matches up. If not, you could google something like "images of houseplants" or houseplant identification. I"m sure you would find something that would enlighten you. It looks vaguely familiar to me, but sadly, I do not know the name of many houseplants!!

Do I see holes in those leaves?

I don't think this is a Peace lily nor a hibiscus

It may be Monstera Deliciosa. So named because of its delicious fruit. Common names are Swiss Cheese Plant, Split Leaf Philodendron and Mexican Breadfruit. It rarely bears fruit in captivity.

If I am correct, don't thank me, thank Gimp.

This plant was given to us. It lost a lot of leaves and the vines that grow off of it.
It looks somewhat tropical. It has a thick trunk and then spindly vines that grow off, about 3ft high. Anyone recognize this?

Thanks!

Answers

It looks a bit like a wisteria or it could be a trumpet vine. It's kind of hard to tell without a close up. Wisteria does grow a main vine with little trailing vines. You would need to keep it pruned to keep it in hand, but it will bloom in beautiful fragrant flowers. It grows wild in the south but I have seen it potted like you have and it can be a lovely potted plant with a little trellising and they like water, but not necessarily "wet feet" so water when needed but don't over water. Trumpet vine, and honeysuckle would be very much the same care.--Good Luck!