What Is This Houseplant?

I bought this plant for a friend and she asked me what it was and how to care for it. I didn't have a clue what it was. Any info will be greatly appreciated:)

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

It could be a celosia. They need at least 8 hours of bright sunlight and well-drained soil.

It does look like a celosia. From SFGate:

Celosia plants require a minimum of eight hours of direct sunlight and soil that drains quickly. Poorly draining planting sites can cause them to develop root rot. To test how quickly the soil drains, remove the top and bottom from a large coffee can, dig a 4-inch-deep hole in the soil, the same circumference as the can, and insert the can into the hole. Fill the can with water and check the water level after one hour. If the water level drops between 2 and 5 inches, the drainage is good. When the water level drops less than 2 inches, the drainage is poor. Perlite can be added along with soil amendments to improve the soil's drainage or you can plant celosia in containers or raised beds.

This is a beautiful Cockscomb or as others may know it Cocks Comb Celosia Dark Caraca.

here is a link with care instructions.

https://www.myg … s/6926-cockscomb

I know this plant as a Cocks Comb and grow them here in my garden. They come in many different colors and are easy to grow. I planted mine in an area with plenty of sun. You will need to find a sunny area in your house to make the plant flower.