MiscellaneousCollectibles

What is This?

A really nice buddy on my online Scrabble site sent this to me. She said she doesn't know what it is, but it's really cute. I agree. I have no idea what it is, but I too think it's really cute. I'm not looking to have it appraised nor do I want to sell it. It's a gift and I'll keep it forever. I just want to know what it is. Can someone help? Thanks.

By Marty Dick from Knoxville, TN

I printed the picture and showed it to my parents. My dad in particular has seen stuff over the years that you would never expect. Anyway, he said it looked like a funeral urn for holding someone's ashes. Especially because of the lid. But he was not absolutely sure. He did say it was pretty neat looking.

I don't think it would hold many ashes. I am guessing a candy dish.

This is a vintage Silver Plate Basket Vase. I am not sure if the lid is original to the piece. There is an example of one at this link:

http://greenspo  ed-basket-vase-3