What Is This PlantPlant Info

What is This Plant?

I am wondering if there is anyone who lives in Florida or where it is warm, that might know what this plant is. I live in Michigan and was given a plant that grows Florida. It looks just like my aloe plant except that it has longer thorns on it and they are sharper. The person who gave it to me said it is not an aloe, so if anyone knows what it is, I would appreciate the name.

By Mary from MI

Since you haven't posted a picture it's hard to answer this one, but I'll give it a stab and suggest it might be an agave. Have a look at this Google images search result to see if it looks like your plant:

http://www.goog  1l0l77l295l4l4l0