Where Do You Get Senior Discounts?

I was surprised to learn of some business's that give senior citizens discounts. Quite often, all you need to do is ask. I only know of a couple though, does anyone want to share with me where they usually get senior citizens discounts? The pharmacy I go to is one I know of, and a grocery store gives seniors a discount on tuesdays, where i live (10%). There are probably a lot more. I even heard of a fast food chain that does, but I haven't checked it out to know for sure. Thanks for all replies!

P.J. from delaware

By smartshopper (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Ross department store also gived 10% discount on Tuesdays.

By Memere (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Krogers grocery store gives their plus card with a 10% discount to seniors everyday, even sale items on all Kroger products. I save a bundle. The Dress Barn gives 10% on Tuesdays.

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I am 60. I've found that you need to ask what the age might be for the senior discount. Different grocery stores have different ages.

Long John Silvers seafood is one reastaurant that has a discount for seniors..

The best discount, I hear, is at the senior center where you can get a meal for not much money. Also, ours here in PA give coupons for $20 worth of produce at the farmer's market.

Dont be afraid to ask. I recently learned that Rite Aid has senior discount (age 60) on Tuesdays. It is 10% off anything you buy.

Best of luck

By hwalz (Guest Post)
Best Answer

McDonald's has a reduced price for coffee for seniors. Bob Evans, Denny's, and Ponderosa have a senior discount or reduced prices (for reduced portion size). Some are effective at age 50, others age 55. State Parks also have a Golden Passport. You might check with AARP for other discounts.

By Glinda (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My husband always gets Senior discount at McDonalds, he is 48.
I get a discount at Goodies Dept. store on Wednesdays, and I will be 50 in June.

Senior discounts don't ever insult me! I love it!

By Charlotte (Guest Post)
Best Answer

At age 61 I don't feel old either but eagerly seek and use all the senior discounts I can. So far I use these:
Wendy's
Golden Corral
Ponderosa
Bob Evans ~ senior menu
Kroger 5% on Tuesday
One of our banks has a senior program providing free checking and the checks as well. Each bank varies in what it offers.
We will use the senior discount a La Quinta hotel in CA this week for the first time.
Our county offers a property tax discount at age 65 as well.

Check with your pharmacy and car repair/maintenance dealer.

Tips
Don't hesitate to ask since the worst anyone can say is "we have none".
Many places that have discounts don't give them unless the customer asks for the discount each time. <frown>

By Marylin (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Most fast food places give some kind of discount, But you have to ask!! McDonalds and Burger King give discounted drinks. Taco Bell gives free drinks. Pizza Hut and many other restaurants give 10% off.

Wendy's usually gives 10% off but occassionaly you'll find one that will give free drinks. Ages vary, but usually it's 55. ASK, ASK!!

By Jvan228 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Lots of the Campgrounds we go to give discounts to AARP members.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 233 Feedbacks

It's sad that you can only get them once a week! You all deserve it, IMO! Check out All I Saw Cookware online; they are a small specialty kitchen/coffee/tea/gift store in Wasilla AK. They ALWAYS give a senior 10% discount. Not all inventory is online because they get SO MUCH stuff, but carry kitchen items from Le Creuset, Heinkel (knives and cookware) Spode China, Progressive, Norpro, April Cornell Clothing and Linens, WONDERFUL bulk coffee and teas, Villaware and Krups appliances, Capresso Machines, YOU NAME IT!

And ask about their candy too.....toll Free Line: 1-866-376-3177 or check out www.allisawcookware.com; PS I used to work there, and everyone is great! You can tell them Kelly sent you!

I would ask over the phone before you try it online.....as with any company. It is hard to verify age online!

By (Guest Post)

thanks for your replies, but i generally don't buy much on line. i basically was looking for places that give senior discounts like retail places, etc, but not online. thanks

By wendee (Guest Post)

How old do you need to be to get the Ross discount?Thanks

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 696 Feedbacks

What I would like to know is when does one qualify to get a Sr discount. I am turning 54 soon and certainly don't think of myself as a Senior yet....but my husband is older than me and just wondered when he can take advantage of discounts.

By syd (Guest Post)

Ask & you will receive.

By Charlotte (Guest Post)

Debbie, the senior discount age varies anywhere from 50 - 65. You simply will have to ask if it is not posted.

By dameemag (Guest Post)

Hi..In Michigan Goodwill even gives a senior discount..It is on Tuesday and it is 20% which really adds up...Now with all the new and good things you can really save a lot there....You just have to be 55....

I would call your favorite places to visit and just ask over the phone!

By Fiftysumthin (Guest Post)

Strange to me how some stores in a national chain provide senior discounts while some do absolutely NOTHING! My KROGER does NOTHING! Another reason to move elsewhere? LOL

By Carl (Guest Post)

Boston Market gives a 10% discount for seniors. Have a great day...filled with mystery and enchantment! And remember, blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed .

By ELLIE B (Guest Post)

I live in Valley Stream, New York. Anyone know of senior discounts at supermarkets?

By John (Guest Post)

Thanks for this forum to get more ideas of who is giving Senior Discounts. I get one at Burger King but it does vary by store. Most fast food places will give you something.

Chick-fila gives a Senior Drink and free refills. Captain D's gives 10% as does Fuddruckers. You do have to ask as it is not advertised as tall. Good Hunting!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 186 Feedbacks

In SD, KMart and Joann Fabric used to give senior discounts on a given day. I haven't been to either one of them for seveal years, because they are both so congested with merchandize that it is hard for me to get around in them and is actually annoying. I think Kohls gives a senior discount, at times. Anyway in their ads, it will say something to the effect that a special senior discount will be applied on a certain day.

I get a discount at Taco Bell and a clothing store here
in downtown Denver,CO. I love it! :)

Denny's gives a 20% discount between 4pm-10pm to AARP members. Tanger and Walgreens give AARP discounts too as does The Hartford for home and auto insurance (aarp.thehartford.com/).

The Pizza Hut in Palm Harbor FL., has a "30% off menu senior discount". You have to ask for it. I don't know if it's available at all Pizza Hut restaurants, but it's a large discount and worth asking for. Good on delivery orders too. McDonald's used to have a widely available "senior Coke" discount. Small Coke for about 30 cents and free refills I think. Haven't used it in a while and don't know if it's still around.

Budget & Finance Tips for SeniorsMay 14, 2006
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Where-Do-You-Get-Senior-Discounts.html