Windshield Washer Won't Spray

I have a 1989 240 DL Volvo wagon. The washer fluid does not spray. I have changed the fuse, filled the washer fluid tank, and have tentatively poked the nozzles with a needle. Still nothing. Anyone with any ideas?

My wife ran the washer fluid tank dry on her 2008 Ford Escape and informed me a week or two later. I filled the tank and nothing but a few sprinkles would come out of the sprayers every 5 or 10 seconds. I could hear the motors so knew it wasn't the motors. I traced where the hose hooked up at the bottom of the tank and unplugged it. There is a small screen filter between the hose and tank that had coagulated washer fluid of some sort. Used a toothbrush to clean the screen and hooked it back up. Worked instantly. Good luck.

That's fantastic I am having exactly the same and yes mine ran out a couple weeks ago to thanks I'll try all that x

Mine is a 2008 Explorer. I recently bought it used and thought the res was empty when I tried it cause I could here the motor. Bought some washer fluid and topped it off which it only took a cups worth so it was full. All I would get after that was a slight dribble from the nozzle so I tried unclogging them(typically gets clogged with dirt/grim), they were clean. Went to the hoses and blew through them, same. Pulled the wheel well and pulled the motor, it looked fine so had my buddy come over to press the washer button to verify the impeller was spinning, no issues.

I was clueless from there but noticed none of the washer fluid came out when I pulled the pump. So I got on the web and started looking. Tons of posts pointing to pumps and switches but I had already confirmed all that was good until I found this post. What I thought was a rubber grommet is the screen you mention. Went back out and pulled the "grommet" and sure enough that was covered in some greenish clear coagulated slime blocking the flow. blew through it backwards and wiped it off. Good as new!! Thanks a bunch! Wish I would've taken a pic to post here.

water in tank but a little water coming out